Master's Degree Course in Viticultural and Enological Sciences
The Master's Degree Course in Viticultural and Enological Sciences represents the evolution of the Bachelor Degrees in Viticulture and Oenology and Food Sciences and Technologies. The Master's Degree Course also has a strong practical connotation and is partly carried out in research centers or large Italian or foreign wineries, under the guidance of a qualified tutor, in the context of compulsory internships. The formative seminars are therefore marked by interdisciplinarity and the deepening of basic knowledge related to the cultivation of the vine and to the production, marketing and promotion of wine. Historical-nutritional aspects are explored for a more complete view of the production system. In order to enroll, it is necessary to possess the curricular requirements and an adequate personal preparation, assessed through an interview prior to enrollment.
Three curricula are activated:
- a 'Fundamental' curriculum, in Italian, preferably indicated for candidates with a degree in Viticulture and Oenology, offered in Italian (first year, M1),
- an International Curriculum, offered in English, preferably indicated for candidates with suitable qualifications acquired abroad and for candidates with suitable Italian qualifications other than a degree in Viticulture and Oenology,
- a curriculum on Tablegrape whose first year can be either the Fundamental curriculum or the International curriculum, and the second year is a specific course, in English, at the Universities of Foggia and Palermo. The destination of the curriculum will be established during the interview prior to enrollment.
In the second year, each student chooses among the different modules offered and activated by the various Universities of the Italian Consortium (Torino, Milano, Palermo, Foggia and Sassari) and the location in which to carry out the thesis work and the internship. Students can also attend the second year (M2) at one of the offices of the European Consortium EMaVE (European Master of Viticulture and Enology):
- Locations Group 1 (Università di Torino, Università di Milano, Università di Palermo, Università di Foggia, Università di Sassari)
- Locations Group 2 (Università di Padova, Università di Udine, Università di Verona e Università di Bolzano)
- France: Institut Agro – Montpellier SupAgro Master Vigne et Vin at Montpellier Supagro et Bordeaux Sciences Agro
- Germany: Master in Viticulture & Enology Vitis Vinum at Hochshule Geisenheim University under the specific agreement TUG (Turin, Udine, Geisenheim)
- Portugal: Mestrado em Viticultura e Enologia associated with Vinifera Euro Master at Universidade de Lisboa – Instituto Superior de Agronomia and Universidade de Porto
- Spain: Master en Viticultura y Enologia, at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
Attendance of the second year with a foreign partner allows to obtain the double diploma, the Italian Master's Degree and one from the second country.